Thursday, May 24, 2012

Removing the last drain

Yesterday I got my last drain removed and that means I get to take a SHOWER today! Which is just really super exciting if you ask me!

I really felt like my old self yesterday (9 days post op), which was just really nice. I even put on a light cotton sundress instead of just my nightgown (which I've been living in since the surgery) and sat outside to eat my lunch.

I have to wait 24 hours after the last drain removal to take my shower, but that means by 1:30 today I'll really feel like a normal human again.

I told Dr. Telepun I had ordered a surgery bra and he said it wasn't really necessary and that a sports bra can usually get you through ok, but I dont want to do a uni-boob indefinitely. So I'll try it on when it arrives.

Tonight is my daughters yearly ballet recital. I'm a little nervous about a) getting dressed in clothes you can go to a recital in and b) the parking situation. There is a large school having graduation at the civic center tonight also which means parking will be hard to come by. Hubby is going to try to see if he can drive me up to the front and let me out and then go park. It could be a disaster.

I'm feeling more normal though, which is a real plus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment