Monday, May 14, 2012

4:45am day of surgery

Its surgery day. I'm not sure if I'm excited or terrified. Probably because its 4:45am! We are leaving in 15 minutes for the hospital so that we can be checked in at 6am.

I took a shower last night and again this morning with the special soap they gave me. Its made me itch a little bit, probably just drying out my skin since its a hyper-cleanse.

I also did a really kinda morbid thing, I wrote a "just in case" note to my family and put it by the computer. I felt like it was better for the three of them to have some words from me just in case something happened. It is an 8 hour surgery after all. Hopefully, it will never have to be opened, but I just want to make sure they all know how much I loved them.

So after I took my shower I got dressed. Just have thrown on cotton sun-dress, a sports bra and my slippers. I went ahead and fixed my hair, since it will be a hot mess later on it might as well be ok for right now. I also brushed my teeth and made sure to not swallow ANY water. It felt weird to not put on any deodorant though.

Hubby has started coffee and I keep making myself remember to not drink or eat anything, which is natural for me in the am. And to not take my pills.

I guess this is it. My excuses about my weight will have all run out after today. It will all be about me now. Nothing to blame on big huge babies anymore. Its time to see if I can get "ME" back.

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment