Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 4 post op doctors visit

We walked right back to Dr Telepuns office again today and he removed my breast dressings. He told me the look good and I no longer needed the dressings even. So I've only got to let those heal now.

He took out my third stomach drain explaining that one of the last two remaining is the lower abdomen and so gravity makes it drain more.

It does hurt some when the remove the drains. I just try to breathe through it.

I've started to have a lot of gas build up in my stomach now which means I can't be that far off from a BM. I've taken milk of magnesia now too. I feel like if I can get past this one last hurdle I'll really be feeling good.

He also removed my stomach dressings except where the entry places for the last drains are. So I can basically see what I'm going to look like. It's exciting. Everything is very numb to the touch though which is super weird.

Update: BM by the end of day four! Winning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment