Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 6 post op

Today is day 6 of post op for me. I'm sleeping more solidly at night and waking up less freqently and I'm trying to reduce the amount of pain pills that I'm taking daily so I've not set the alarm in the middle of the night to take pills. This morning I woke up and the pain had gotten away from me again. My stomach felt like it had been pulled really tight, so I took a pain pill. Not long after I took it I got extremely nauseated, which hasn't happened in a couple of days. I added a phenergan and it helped my nausea, but it knocked me out for about 5 hours.

I think I must have tried to do too much too soon yesterday and my body just couldn't handle it.

When I woke up I used baby wipes to try to clean off my body some, and changed sleeping gowns. Then I went downstairs to wash my hair. When I got there there was a huge pile of dishes. I can't explain to you why this made me have an absolute COME-APART but I absolutely lost my mind. Anyway, after I washed the dishes and clunked things around and then yelled unnecessarily at my poor spouse I came back up to rest some more. I've basically just watched television and blogged most of the day. I'm hoping to get my last two drains out tomorrow and be able to finally take a shower and get moving towards the healing process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment