Friday, May 25, 2012

Over share

So today I went to the neighborhood pool the for the first time. I'm talking to this woman who I've never met before and suddenly out of the blue I'm telling her I got a breast lift and tummy tuck. What the hell? But then she gets excited and interested and starts asking all kinds of questions about it and I'm telling her everything. So weird! As I go through this process in finding more and more women who either desperately want to have a tummy tuck or who have already had one! It's madness. I kind of feel stupid because I was so oblivious to this before but it is nice.

Yesterday I wore a dress 6 sizes smaller than I was wearing a week ago! But then I tried on some other clothes that were close to that size and they didn't fit. It's hard to remember that my arms and back are still ate same. But I mentioned to my husband I caught my reflection in the mirror and thought "wow my body looks so different" it's kind of amazing! I'm also 13 lbs lighter than I was 11 days ago. I feel like if I could just get back to exercising some I could really drop some weight fast right now since my body is kind of adjusting to a new situation. I don't want it thinking its going to stay like this because I'd like to drop another 20 to 25 lbs just to get more lean.

I still maintain that it is easier to maintain a Mercedes than to get a gremlin up to speed. I feel like im moving in the right direction do long as I don't tell everybody in the world that I've "had work done" no promises at this point!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am thinking about getting a tummy tuck. I gained weight very rapidly and my skin is stretched out on my stomach so even though i have lost weight I still have wrinkly skin there... my mom said she would pay for me to have a tummy tuck. i don't have any kids yet, and i'm 31. the dr. said i could still have kids...

but i gained 100 lbs in 3 months back when i was 18 due to medication so i basically have a super stretched out body even worse than pregnanacy... it sucks.

anyways thanks so much for this website it is really inspiring.

i hope my comment has not upset you and i appreciate you reading it.

i want to ask you a question if you have time? i live alone (just a cat!) and i'm wondering, what would you recommend to someone who lives alone? I am considering having the same procedures that you had, the breast lift (mastopexy) and tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

do you think i could go home (after spending the night at the hospital)

and i would probably need someone to stay with me at least for 1 or 2 nights but do you think i would be ok alone after that?? i will ask the surgeon but i thought i would ask you too.

thanks!!!! you look great!!!

-dee in california

DD said...

Dee, thanks for your comment. First off I honestly would wait to do it until you decide I'd you want to have children or not. It would be such a shame to do it and feel great and then have it all distorted again with pregnancy. I really would make that decision first. Second, no you can't stay home alone just one say out. I would ask or pay someone to stay with you at least 3-4 days after you come home. I highly recommend you don't try it on yor own becua you will be completely out of it and in quite a bit of pain the first few days. Good luck with your decision

Post a Comment